You have learned that managing a center for addictions and recovery is a daunting task. You are opening the doors to the center today. You are an admissions counselor. It is your job to evaluate the needs of the incoming clients and send them to the appropriate starting place in your facility.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For example, an adult male (55 years old) is brought to the center by his 30-year-old daughter. He appears inebriated and reports that he is seeing little men around him. His hands are unsteady and he is slurring some of his words.
- What are the steps you might take with this client?
- Where would you send him first to ensure continuity of care?
- How would you handle calls from the daughter wanting to know what is going on with her dad?
- Are there any confidentiality issues that need to be addressed?
Make sure your response includes the following:
- Title page
- Introduction (300–400 words)
- Content (1,200–1,300 words)
- References, including 2 scholarly sources dated within the last 2 years
The use of methamphetamine has received a great deal of attention from the media and law enforcement in recent years. The probation office is looking to identify some avenues for addressing and treating people who have an addiction to methamphetamine. You have been asked to research some of the major issues related to the abuse of methamphetamine and produce recommendations for methods of treating individuals who have this problem.
- Select 3 of the following treatment modalities to analyze in your paper with regard to methamphetamine addiction:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Answer the following questions:
- How is methamphetamine usually produced, transported, and sold? Explain.
- What immediate effects does methamphetamine have on the body?
- What are the long-term effects of methamphetamine use on one’s health? Explain.
- What are the demographics of methamphetamine usage? Why?
- What are obstacles and challenges in providing treatment to people who are addicted to methamphetamine?
- Describe and discuss the 3 Are the various approaches to the treatment of methamphetamine addiction you selected from the above list. Which approach has been shown to be most effective? Provide supportive evidence from the professional literature.
- All sources must be referenced using APA style.