The majority of the Criminological theories that you have been learning about this semester were theorized and researched primarily using male only data. This has caused debate because criminal justice policies, which direct program structure have been developed with emphasis on one particular sex or gender even though both are served under the same policy. For your assignment write a minimum of a one-page, single-spaced reflection on the following questions below. (Please note that for this assignment gender and sex are referenced in terms of a dichotomy due to a majority of the research doing the same). Your paper should include material from the textbook but also must include at least one peer-reviewed source. Must use APA for citation.
- Should criminal justice policy makers take gender and sex into consideration when creating response efforts to crime or should crime prevention policies be seen as “gender blind”?
- Should correctional facilities create gender-specific programs?
- Identify and discuss one theory that you have learned about this semester that you think needs to take gender or sex more into consideration and the effects it would have on that theory.
- APA requirements
- Paper must be typed & numbered.
- Paper must be 1-2 pages in length.
- Paper should adhere to A.P.A format.
- Paper must cite all assigned readings. That is, all authors that were assigned should be cited in your paper. Do not use secondary citations (i.e., a citation that was in one of your readings, but you never actually read the original research). Do not cite by summarizing one reading, then another, then another, etc. Instead, you need to integrate the citations into your essay.
- This is a scholarly paper. Avoid using “I” (or other pronouns).
- The paper must include a title.
- The paper must include an introduction paragraph that should grab the reader’s attention and state the thesis of the paper.
- Ex. The purpose of this paper is to ….
- The paper must include supporting paragraphs.
- Do not use long quotes.
- Break up paragraphs so that one paragraph does not go one for a whole page.
- **Be sure to cite authors in your paragraphs.
- The paper must include a conclusion paragraph.
- Ex. In conclusion, this paper presented…
Siegel, L. (2016). Criminology: The Core. (6th Ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now