1. Define the three energy pathways. For each pathway, identify two exercises that utilize the pathway. If you were training to run a marathon, which pathway would be the focal point of your training? What types of activities would you incorporate into your marathon training and why? How will an understanding of energy pathways help you in your future training endeavors?
2. List the six fundamental movements of major body segments (Unit 4). Give an example exercise for each. In addition, identify an exercise that combines three or more of the primary movements. List the exercise as well as the movements involved. How will an understanding of fundamental movements help you in your future training endeavors?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
3. Critically analyze the concept of stretching. Is stretching for improved flexibility? If so, to what extent is flexibility necessary in a general fitness program? In a sports-specific setting? Are there other reasons for stretching besides improving flexibility? Try each of the stretching methods discussed in the text for at least two body parts and briefly explain the differences between them. Describe how what you have learned and observed about stretching applies to your future training endeavors.
4. Define periodization and its components (cycles). Provide a detailed explanation for how periodization could specifically benefit each of the following clients and how it would assist them in obtaining their ultimate goal(s)/objective(s): college soccer player, 35-year-old sedentary adult wanting to tone, long distance runner. Is periodization beneficial for everyone? Why or why not?
5. Identify two popular multivitamin formulas and list the ingredients of each. Compare the ingredients with one another. If they are different, why do you think there is a variance between the two? Are they marketed towards different audiences? And if so, how? Why do you think the manufacturer combined certain vitamins, minerals, and herbs?
6. Write down three or more special population groups for whom you would use a water exercise therapy program. What types of movement routines would you perform? What types of strength training would you incorporate? What precautions would you take?