Communication Inhibitors Analysis
Summary of assignment
• Task: For this assignment, you are asked to collect real-life examples of barriers (inhibitors) to communication that occur in your work or community environment. You will describe them, define them, justify them in a table, and then use them to rate your organization’s communication effectiveness.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
• Length: The assignment has four parts. Details on word count are provided below and in the following pages.
o Part I of this assignment will be 200-250 words o Part II is a list of definitions. The definitions in this section should be about 3040 words each. o Part III is a table with short examples, names, and justifications. The word count will vary. o Part IV will be 175-250 words.
• Format: you will not cite sources in this paper, so you will not use any particular citation style. In writing up the assignment, please follow the template given on page 2.
Reading Material to Draw Upon for this Assignment:
For this assignment, you will want to draw on the following reading materials about communication inhibitors. • “Management Study Guide: 10 Barriers to Communication” by the MSG Team • “Physical Barriers in Communication” by Rahul Pandita • “The Barriers to Effective Communication” by Rupal Jain
Template for this Assignment
Your text should be single-spaced and in 12-point font. Please use the following template when completing this assignment. Details on each part of the assignment are provided on pages 3-4.
I. Description of community setting, including a description of the 3-4 communication inhibitors that occur in that setting (200-250 words):
II. Definitions of the 3-4 inhibitors:
III. Table of the 3-4 communication samples and the inhibitors they represent:
The communication example either as a direct quote or paraphrase
The name of the inhibitor(s) that the example represents
A justification of your selection of the inhibitor
IV. Short paragraph rating the organization’s communication effectiveness on a scale of 1 to 100 and justifying the ranking (175-250 words):
Details on Each Part of the Assignment
Consider your work or community and come up with 3-4 real-life examples of barriers (inhibitors) to written and verbal communication that occur in that environment. The communication examples you come up with can be from documents, conversations (face-to-face or digital), emails, or meetings.
Then write one or two detailed paragraphs of 100-125 words each in which you describe the following:
• your workplace or community setting you have chosen to analyze • the communication barriers in that setting that you are describing • other details you think might be relevant to the context
Various types of communication inhibitors, and examples of them, can be found in the articles that are available to you through eReserves. These communication barriers include but are not limited to the following:
Attitudinal barrier Avoiding the listener Channel barrier Cultural barrier Different cultural level Distance Emotional barrier Environment Ignorance of medium Ignoring the content Impatience in the listener Individual barrier Interpersonal barrier
Language/Linguistic barrier Low pitch and tone Noise Not confirming with the recipient Not understanding the mood of the recipient Not understanding the receiver Organizational barrier Perceptual barrier Physical disability Unorganized thought Wrong interpretations
After you’ve collected at least 3-4 communication barriers and have identified the inhibitors they represent, define the inhibitors in a bulleted list. When defining your inhibitors, the reading material listed on page 1 may be used without citation.
The definition you provide should identify the general characteristics of the inhibitor and how it works to impede communication. The definitions should not mention your specific work environment.
Analyze these 3-4 communication inhibitors as they apply to your workplace or community environment. List them in a table with three columns:
• the communication example either as a direct quote or paraphrase • the name of the inhibitor(s) at work in the sample • a justification of your selection of the inhibitor(s)
Using a scale of 1 to 100 (with a score of 75 considered average), rank your organization’s communication effectiveness. Justify and explain the score you award. Your justification should be one to two paragraphs, about 175-250 words total.