Media play a very large role in both the development and the perpetuation of cultural elements. You may never have watched a foreign movie or even clips evaluating other cultures. In this assignment, you will explore online videos or movies from a culture of your choice and analyze how cultural elements are presented, compared to your own culture.
Complete the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Choose a world culture you are not familiar with.
- Identify two–three online videos or movies representative of this culture. These could be examples of cultural expressions such as a Bollywood movie from India or Anime videos from Japan.
Evaluate two hours of such a video. Using the readings for this module, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research articles about your selected culture.
- Select a scholarly article that analyzes the same culture presented in the videos you have observed.
- Write a paper describing the cultural differences you have observed in the video. How are these observations supported by the research article?
Be sure to include the following:
- Describe the videos you have watched.
- Explain the main points of the videos.
- Examine what stood out about the culture.
- Compare and contrast the similarities and differences of this culture with your own.
- Examine the ways of this culture. Is it one you would want to visit or live in?
- Would you experience culture shock if you immersed yourself in this culture? Why or why not?
Support your statements with examples and scholarly references.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: