Having known and analyzed the concept of probability, consider the case given below.
Hyperlipidemia in children has been hypothesized to be related to high cholesterol in their parents. The following data were collected on parents and children.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Child Both parents hyperlipidemic One parent hyperlipidemic Neither parent hyperlipidemic Not hyperlipidemic 13 34 83 Hyperlipidemic 45 42 6
Considering these data, answer the questions:
- What is the probability that one or both parents are hyperlipidemic?
- What is the probability that the child and both parents are hyperlipidemic?
- What is the probability that a child is hyperlipidemic if neither of his/her parents are hyperlipidemic?
- What is the probability that a child is hyperlipidemic if both of his/her parents are hyperlipidemic?
- Based on your calculation, what conclusion can you infer?
Present the calculations and answers in Excel spreadsheet format or in Word format. Write the interpretation of results in a Word document.