must incorporate the assigned reading. textbook, OR the online lesson, AND one outside scholarly source.
Hood, L. J. (2018). Leddy & Pepper’s professional nursing (9th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Chapter 4: pp. 92–95 and 107–111
Other Required Readings
- Massachusetts Nurse of the Future Nursing Core Competencies©: pp. 32–41. (Go to the Webliography to find a link to this file.)
- AACN Essentials of Baccalaureate Education: pp. 22–26. (Go to the Webliography to find a link to this file.)
We will be focusing on Communication and Teamwork & Collaboration
Communication is usually on of the two most frequent competencies chosen by the group in Week 1. Why do think that is?
Interprofessional Collaboration Strategies: You may consider the following questions when you post this week:
1. How can we enhance teamwork with other nurses?
2. What are the barriers to teamwork and interprofessional collaboration? How can we overcome those barriers?
3. How can we safely delegate patient care tasks? Why do some nurses NOT delegate effectively?
One concept in nursing that speaks to communication is the idea of presence or being fully present in a conversation. Presence enhances the relationship between the nurse and the patient or client to that the interaction is more meaningful and “results in a deep, personal connection for both participants” (Hood, 2018, p. 85). What occurs to create this interaction? How did it make you feel and/or make the patient feel? Maya Angelou has a phrase that is frequently quoted in social media and other places: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”