Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Part One: Read “Topic 2: Vargas Case Study.” Complete a Cultural Formulation Interview based on the “Cultural Formulation” section in the DSM-5 and given the new information learned in session two of the Vargas case study. Refer to the attached CFI form for guidance and complete the CFI template.
Include a citation for the Cultural Formulation Interview. APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
Part Two: Review the Topic 2: Vargas Family Case Study. Write a 750-1,000-word paper in which you demonstrate how therapists apply psychoanalytic and cognitive-behavioral theories to analyze the presenting problem(s) and choose appropriate interventions.
Be sure to answer the following questions in your paper:
- What are the two main presenting problems for the Vargas family?
- How are the problems maintained according to: a) The psychoanalytic perspective? b) The cognitive-behavioral perspective?
- What interventions would you plan to use in your next session?
- From the psychoanalytic perspective (identify and describe your plan for two interventions)
- From the cognitive-behavioral perspective (identify and describe your plan for two interventions)
Cite at least three academic sources (peer-reviewed journal articles, books, etc.).
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standard: 5.F.2.g. Impact of crisis and trauma on marriages, couples, and families.