Intersectionality – How do other identities (in particular, race) affect gender?
Readings: see the attachments
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Victoria L. Bromley, “Making My Head Spin: Critical Intersectionality”
- Beverly Tatum, “Defining Racism: Can We Talk?”
- Peggy McIntosh, “Unpacking the Invisible Backpack: White Privilege”
- Dorothy Allison, “A Question of Class”
- “The Unequal Opportunity Race” PSA
- Kimberle Crenshaw, “The Urgency of Intersectionality” (TedTalk)
- T.I., “War Zone”
The purpose of journal is for you to have a space to think through challenging concepts, questions, and new ideas in the readings and viewings. You should keep up with your journals as you read and watch rather than all at once. You will write one journal entry and must be at least 1500 words. Your entries must be coherent and analytical – in other words, they cannot be bullet marks or random thoughts without explanation.
journal entry should:
- Summarize each of the readings and viewings for the week, including the author’s main arguments, focus, and key examples (about 200 words per reading and viewing)
- Analyze the readings and viewing as a whole (do you agree or disagree? What do you find challenging? What do you find new or intriguing? How can you apply this information to your own life? How do you see the material coming up in the media, politics, or other current events? Etc.). Feel free in this section to link to videos, articles, or other relevant material. (about 400 words total)
- Pose at least 2-3 questions you still have after reading the week’s material
*****Include page numbers as you reference the text, and explain with enough detail that it is clear you have read and watched the videos. Please also specify the time you are referring to in the viewings. For example, you can put the minutes after your sentence in parentheses like this: (1:30 for 1 minute and 30 seconds into the viewing)