Examine the following scenario:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Program X has planned about $1B worth of projects every year. One of the key challenges is to identify which projects to fund at the beginning of each year. Projects are piling up on the CIO’s desk for the upcoming year. The list includes a range of upgrades, support, automation, and new product development, and so forth. You have been given the responsibility of selecting projects for the upcoming year.
- For your assignment, please address the following questions. Your responses should be integrated in a well-written paper.
How will you do this?
Develop a project selection and screening system with stage-gate review, including project performance criteria.
- Specifically define all selection criteria and why you chose each.
Diagram the elements of your process and include stage gate reviews.
Utilize a selection methodology, either numerical or non-numerical, to support the value of the project. Create your own project data for 5 projects (i.e., project resources, tasks, etc.). Show your work and analyze the outcome. Include this in your diagram.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
Be 2-3 pages in length plus graphical elements,
Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to APA and Writing Requirements (Links to an external site.), and
- Include two scholarly sources from the CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.).
Option #2: Project Selection Review
Using past course texts, current suggested readings, and other scholarly resources, define the project selection process.
For your assignment, please address the following in a well-written paper.
- Describe the project selection process.
Describe the selection criteria that should be considered and why they are important.
Describe stage gate reviews and evaluation criteria.
Describe the differences you might see between IT projects and Manufacturing Projects.
- Describe two methods to support value (NPV, ROI, Payback) and assess the viability of new projects. Include why they are used, how they are calculated, and the value each adds.