This is a two-part assignment…. Please read carefully…. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Assignment 1: Make sure to create a table
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The purpose of this assignment is to have students familiarize themselves with the NAEYC position on the topic of diversity with young children. By familiarizing themselves with the position statements of this organization, students become more informed, intentional, politically active, and effective educators.
- Go to the following link and read the NAEYC Position Statement on Diversity. Complete the steps described below. http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/PSDIV98.PDF
- Create a table that includes the following headings: a) Summary, b) Classroom Application, and c) Course connections. Fill-in the table for the NAEYC Position Statement from the website provided. This information can be simple bullets and/or short sentences.
- Summary- A synopsis of the important points from the article.
- Classroom Application- Provide four ideas for how the information in the article can be used in the classroom for developing diversity.
- Course Connections- Make at least two connections from the article to the content from this week’s readings.
- Using the details from your table in Step 2 above, write an essay discussing:
- A detailed summary of the article
- A detailed explanation of how you can use these ideas in the classroom to specifically influence children’s behavior. Pick four ideas and describe them in detail, with information on how you would set-up the diversity idea and any materials you would need
- A detailed description of how information in the article relates specifically to content you have read this week or during this course so far.
Your essay should be 1250 words and should include at least four (4) citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.
Assignment 2: Make sure to create a table
The purpose of this assignment is to have students familiarize themselves with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS), which are nationally recognized in education, and leads educational policy. By familiarizing themselves with the standards and position statements of this organization, students become more informed, intentional, politically active, and effective educators.
- Read the NBPT 5 Core Propositions, and specifically become familiar with Proposition 5 provided below:
Proposition 5: Teachers are members of learning communities
- Teachers collaborate with others to improve student learning.
- They are leaders and actively know how to seek and build partnerships with community groups and businesses.
- They work with other professionals on instructional policy, curriculum development and staff development.
- They can evaluate school progress and the allocation of resources in order to meet state and local education objectives.
- They know how to work collaboratively with parents to engage them productively in the work of the school.
- Use the each of the descriptors (the 5 bulleted items above) to create a table that includes a bulleted list of two specific activities that teachers can implement to support each. These activities must be research-based, and you must site your references in Part 3 of this assignment.
- Write an essay discussing:
- An explanation of what NBPT Proposition 5 encompasses and why this statement is important in the field of early childhood education
- An examination of the proposition descriptor and specific connections of how it relates to content in this course
- A detailed, written explanation of the two activities for each descriptor from your table in Step 2
Your essay should be 1500 words and should include at least four (4) citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.