Option #1: Fencing a Farmer’s Field
As a farmer, suppose you want to fence off a rectangular field that borders a river. You wish to find out the dimensions of the field that occupies the largest area, if you have 1500 feet of fencing. Remember that a square maximizes area, so use a square in your work.
- Draw several diagrams to express the situation and calculate the area for each configuration, then estimate the dimension of largest possible field.
- Find the function that models the area in terms of one of its sides.
- Find the point that maximizes the function you found in the second bulleted item.
- Calculate the area of the field at the point you found in the third bulleted item, and then compare your results with the results in the first bulleted item.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Paper must be written in 3rd person.
- Your paper should be 4-5 pages in length (counting the title page and references page) and cite and integrate at least one credible outside source. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find resources. Your textbook is a credible resource.
- Include a title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and a reference page.
- The introduction should describe or summarize the topic or problem. It might discuss the importance of the topic or how it affects you or society as a whole, or it might discuss or describe the unique terminology associated with the topic.
- The body of your paper should answer the questions posed in the problem. Explain how you approached and answered the question or solved the problem, and, for each question, show all steps involved. Be sure this is in paragraph format, not numbered answers like a homework assignment.
- The conclusion should summarize your thoughts about what you have determined from the data and your analysis, often with a broader personal or societal perspective in mind. Nothing new should be introduced in the conclusion that was not previously discussed in the body paragraphs.
- Include any tables of data or calculations, calculated values, and/or graphs associated with this problem in the body of your assignment.
- Document formatting, citations, and style should conform to the CSU-Global Virtual Library CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA: Introduction. A short summary containing much that you need to know about paper formatting, citations, and references is contained in theNew Sample APA Paper. In addition, information in the CSU-Global Virtual Library under the Writing Center/APA Resources tab has many helpful areas (Writing Center, Writing Tips, Template & Examples/Papers & Essays, and others).