This week, you will construct a response to two (or more) of your fellow learners based on their Unit 4 Discussion Assignment essay. Your correspondence must meet the following criteria:
- Evaluate the Discussion Assignment essay written by two of your fellow learners posted on the Unit 4 Discussion Board. Create a written response (250 word minimum) debating the facts related to leading and managing business strategy.
- Identify the pro’s of your fellow learner’s assessment of the difference between leading and managing strategy.
- Using a minimum of one peer-reviewed research resource in each answer response to build on the knowledge in your fellow learner’s essay.
- Identify the con’s of your fellow learner’s assessment of leading or managing strategy.
- Using a minimum of one peer-reviewed research resource, explain the strategy concepts your fellow learner might have missed covering the topics of leading or managing strategy in their essay.
Examine the breakdown of this Unit 5 Discussion grade using the grading rubric.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
FELLOW LEARNER ESSAY:
Leadership v/s Management Strategic Decision-Making
According to business dictionary.com, A manager is defined as: An individual who oversees a certain group of tasks, or a certain subset of a company. A manager often has a staff of people who report to him or her. (“Read the full definition.”, 2019) Managers who possess leadership skills are more capable of successfully operating any organization.
- Strategic Decision-making Manager: is a continuous planning, monitoring, analysis and assessment of all the necessary statics for an organization to achieve its goals and objectives. (“What is strategic management? – Definition from WhatIs.com”, 2019)
- Leadership: is an individual who creates an inspiring vision of the future, a motivator and inspires people to engage with that vision, manages delivery of the vision. A leader coaches and builds a team, so that it is more effective at achieving the vision. (“What Is Leadership?”, 2019)
Great leaders understand how to balance emotion with reason and make decisions that have a positive impact on themselves, their employees, their customers and stakeholders, and their organizations. (Larina Kase, 2019)
According to cheifexecutive.net “The difference between leadership and management is risk. Leaders are comfortable taking risks that can yield great rewards. As a result, they often make difficult decisions for the good of the company. These can range from restructuring the organization to making new product offerings. Meanwhile, managers are often less comfortable with making those decisions themselves. Rather than making decisions quickly, managers tend to be comfortable asking many questions as they develop actionable plans to make leaders’ decisions a reality.” (“Leadership vs. Management – Success Lies in Knowing the Difference”, 2019) Therefore, leadership is proactive. A leader takes into consideration all the necessary needs of thedir organization like problem solving, looking ahead, and not being satisfied with the things as they are. All while doing this they take into consideration the people they are leading to fulfill theses requirements. Leaders often lead by example and do not ask things of those that they personally won’t do themselves. (“What Is Leadership?”, 2019)
Managers embrace process, seek stability and control, and instinctively try to resolve problems quickly—sometimes before they fully understand a problem’s significance. Leaders, in contrast, tolerate chaos and lack of structure and are willing to delay closure in order to understand the issues more fully. (“Managers and Leaders: Are They Different?”, 2019)
Larina Kase, M. (2019). Great Leaders are Great Decision-Makers. Retrieved from https://gbr.pepperdine.edu/2010/10/great-leaders-are-great-decision-makers/
Leadership vs. Management – Success Lies in Knowing the Difference. (2019). Retrieved from https://chiefexecutive.net/leadership-vs-management-success-knowing-difference/
Managers and Leaders: Are They Different?. (2019).Retrieved from
Read the full definition. (2019). Retrieved from
What Is Leadership?. (2019). Retrieved from
What is strategic management? – Definition from WhatIs.com. (2019). Retrieved from https://searchcio.techtarget.com/definition/strategic-management