https://articulateprowriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/logoAPW-300x60.png 0 0 Publisher https://articulateprowriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/logoAPW-300x60.png Publisher2022-06-17 10:50:422022-06-17 10:50:42critique a speech 4
critique a speech 4
- Analyze guidelines for critically evaluating speeches.
- Evaluate the suggested guidelines for informative speaking, the supporting materials of a speech, and the varied types of presentation aids.
- Analyze the goals and guidelines of a persuasive speech.
- Explore the three types of persuasive speeches and the fallacies of logical, emotional, and credibility appeals.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Review the guidelines for critically evaluating speeches given in the textbook and in the learning activities.
- View one of the following speeches: The History of YouTube (Links to an external site.), Untreated Depression (Links to an external site.),Michelle Obama Calls on You to Serve (Links to an external site.),Reducing Carbon Pollution in Our Power Plants (Links to an external site.).
- Write a three-to-four-page critique of the speech you chose. It might be helpful to watch the speech you have chosen to evaluate, twice.
- Use the following checklist to guide your critique:
- Did the speaker choose a topic that was relevant and interesting to the audience, with a clear purpose?
- Did the speaker ensure that his or her topic was researched adequately?
- Did the speaker deliver an introduction that gained attention and oriented the audience?
- Was the speech clear, vivid, appropriate, well-organized, and powerful?
- Was each main point adequately supported?
- Did the speaker create a speech with personal style by asking direct questions and creating immediacy?
- Did the conclusion summarize the thesis and provide closure?
- Did the speaker use effective volume, eye contact, speech rate, pausing, and gestures?
- The use of outside resources is strongly recommended, and all papers must be cited and written in current APA format.