- Step #1: Select a current event article from a respectable news source (not a legal blog or anything from a law firm website) that is relatable to business law.
- The Wall Street Journal, The New York Time, The Washington Post, BBC, The Economist, Bloomberg, The Associated Press
- Article MUST be based on reported “hard” news and CANNOT be an “opinion,” “editorial,” “op ed,” “analysis,” “letter to the editor” or similar story that illustrates the impressions of the author rather than a fact-based account of an event. You can tell whether a story is one of those listed in the previous sentence by looking carefully at the story’s heading information. Don’t use an article that includes “opinion,” “editorial,” “op ed,” “analysis,” “letter to the editor,” etc. in the heading.
- Include the link to the article at the TOP of your submission
- Step #2: Read the article, and in your own words type a short summary of the article.
- (1) have a “Summary” heading;
- (2) be a minimum of three sentences long (summary may be longer than three sentences);
- The Summary may include direct quotes from the article, but quotes will NOT count toward the “three sentence” minimum requirement
- Step #3: Write an analysis of the article.
- (1) have an “Analysis” heading;
- (2) be a minimum of three sentences long (analysis may be longer than three sentences)
- (4) include one or more of the following:
- Your thoughts and opinions on how the legal issues discussed in the article will affect the business community;
- An analysis of how the article relates back to what you are learning in class;
- Your thoughts and opinions on whether the result of the legal issue discussed in the article was just or fair – you must substantiate your view by explaining WHY you feel this way;
- A breakdown of what you learned from reading the article (i.e., was there a new law you learned about or was a law applied in a new way?).
- Analysis should avoid:
- Restating exact point raised in the article without additional comment;
- Rephrasing/restating the same point in each sentence;
- The analysis may include direct quotes from the article, but quotes will NOT count toward the “three sentence” minimum requirement
- Analysis should avoid:
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now